Friday, November 6, 2015

LET MY LITTLE LIGHT SHINE!

Good Morning Out There! Yesterday I wrote a post about something that had
happened at the Sack Lunch Ministry the day before. After I wrote the post I
started thinking and was praying as I went about my morning. This is what
happened next:

After I finished writing, I went into the kitchen to fix lunch for my husband so that
I could take it to where he was working. My mind
kept going back to that young man and to so many others that I have met at the Sack Lunch
Ministry. I just wanted to cry, my heart felt so heavy. I started praying as I packed up
Jim’s lunch, and loaded everything into my truck. By the time I reached Jim I had realized
something, it was like a light had turned on. I couldn’t wait to share it with him. Jim climbed
into the passenger side of the truck and I said, "I figured it out! I know what God is telling
us!" Jim had that look on his face that said, oh my gosh, what has she gotten us into now?
I told him about my blog post, and how I wanted to cry and how my heart hurt. I told him
how I prayed and asked God what were we supposed to do because we can only do so
much. And then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, because I’m hard headed and that is usually
the only way God can get through to me. I felt like God was saying, yes, y’all are working
in the field hospital, providing food, hugs, smiles and kind words. Sometimes you provide
clothing and information, and sometimes money. The bandages that you provide are
needed, and then you pray and I (God) will take care of the operations/the major stuff.
I realized that God just wants us to be faithful, to do what we are able, and most
importantly to do something. I think about all the darkness in this world, and if I am a
light, and you are a light and if others will be a light, just think about how God’s love
will shine in us and through us!
There is a song we sing in Mass called, "We Are Many Parts" and it is one of my favorite
songs. The refrain goes like this:
We are many parts, we are all one body, and the gifts we have we are given to share.
May the Spirit of love make us one indeed; one, the love that we share, one, our hope
in despair, one the cross that we bear.
My plan for today is to go out let my little light shine!
Blessings to you and yours, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment