Wednesday, December 2, 2015

SPEAKING UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN ISN'T ALWAYS EASY

Hello, this is a hard post for me to write. I have been thinking and praying and praying
and thinking about what I want to say. I'm sure that most of you have heard or seen the
news about the shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado. Three innocent people
were shot and killed and nine others were wounded. I'm sure that many others who were
taken hostage and witnessed this horrible killing spree will have nightmares for years to
come. There are many questions that have not been answered and we may never know
the real reasons behind this cruel and senseless tragedy.
I can only imagine how devastated the loved ones of those who lost their lives and those
who have been injured feel. My heart and prayers go out to them.
Being pro-life means that you want to protect all life. The pro-life people that I know and
work with would never condone any type of violent rhetoric. We peacefully pray for the
conversion of hearts, peacefully pray for an end to abortion.
Unfortunately, abortion is a very political and hot button topic. It didn't take long for the
mud to start slinging. I really hoped that for at least a little while, everyone would keep
their comments to themselves, and let the families mourn and the wounded heal.
That didn't happen and it didn't take long for the name calling to start.
The last couple of nights Jim and I have talked about this situation a lot, we have also
prayed about it a lot.
Jim and I are pro-life and being pro-life is truly our way of life. The way we treat others,
the organizations that we support with our time and our money are all things that help
people. Praying for the unborn and their families has become such a part of our daily
lives. Last night I told Jim that I wanted to say something because the innocent
babies are still dying from abortions every day. This tragedy has not stopped the
abortion business and I just can't keep silent. I don't know the reasons why that man
did what he did. But I do know that I have to keep speaking up for those who cannot
speak for themselves.
I woke up several times during the night, I prayed and I asked God to give me the words.
The unborn are innocent victims and I will continue to be their voice.
I don't write about abortion or the innocent babies to make people angry, I write because
I want people to know the truth so that maybe they will reach out to help someone
in a crisis pregnancy. I want people to know the truth so that maybe someone will help
promote adoption for the human babies. I want people to know the truth so that maybe
someone will reach out to help those who are in need of healing because they have had
an abortion. Please continue to pray for the unborn, please pray for their families and
please pray for the people in Colorado.
I heard a lady on one of the television news stations basically say that abortion is legal and
we just need to accept it. Well, it may be legal, but that doesn't make it right. Jim and I will
continue to speak up for the babies and we will pray for them and their families.
Please pray for us and I pray that Advent will be a special time for you and your families.
                                                       Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment