Wednesday, December 16, 2015

DECEMBER BLESSINGS OF LIFE AND LOVE!

Good Morning Out There! I hope you are having a wonderful week! Today is Wednesday
of the Third Week of Advent. In my Magnificat, the "Prayer for the Morning" is
Love and truth walk in God's presence: come, let us adore him!
I love this time of year. Today is my son's birthday, and next Monday is my daughter's
birthday, and next Friday we celebrate the birth of Jesus! My birthday is at the end of
this month. New life, new beginnings, blessings.... December is a special month!
I woke up this morning and thanked God for a beautiful new day. I looked out the
window and smiled, just so happy to be able to see the beauty of God's creation! I talked
to my son on the phone and wished him a Happy Birthday, and told him that I couldn't
believe he was 32 years old! I still remember the day he was born, it was a Friday
morning and it had snowed during the night. Jim was at my side that morning, holding
my hand. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, and I still remember
hearing the words, "It's a boy!"  a son!
When I was a little girl, my dream was to grow up and get married and have children.
I wanted to have a large family and be a stay at home mom. I wanted to bake chocolate
chip cookies for them to eat when they came home from school.
My dream came true, I love being a wife and mother, and a grandmother too!
Being married and having a family is a vocation, and I thank God everyday for blessing
me with my husband, children, and grandchildren. I put my whole heart into taking
care of my family. I love to cook and bake for them. I make sure our home is always
picked up and neat (although it doesn't get dusted as often as it should). I make sure the
fridge and pantry are stocked, thanks be to God we are able to do that.
I'm just feeling a little nostalgic, tears of happiness and a heart full of love.
I pray that all of you who take the time to read my blog posts are blessed during this
special month and every day of your lives.
                                     Blessings to you and yours! Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment