Thursday, September 27, 2018

Praying for the Unborn and Feeding the Hungry - God is Good!

Hello out there! The rest of this month and next month is going to be busy. An
awesome kind of busy, but probably a little crazy too! Yesterday was the first day
of the fall, 40 Days for Life Campaign. Prayers, and banners, and visiting with
amazing people, and swatting mosquitoes, oh my! When I drive up and see
people praying in front of the grotto I feel like my heart will burst! Their prayerful,
faithful witness is a huge blessing! Y'all pray for the unborn from wherever you are!
All of our prayers make a difference!
Here is the link to find out more information about 40 Days for Life:


http://www.40daysforlife.com


Our prayer vigil is at St. Mary's Catholic Church by the beautiful and peaceful Grotto.
The vigil times are from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.  Monday - Sunday (9/26/18 - 11/4/18)!


 Love them both, the mother and the child.

The St. Francis Sack Lunch Ministry is a blessing to so many! We are handing out
between 70 and 80 lunches a day. Multiply that times five days a week! Yep -
between 350 and 400 lunches a week! We are so very thankful for all of our hard-
working and devoted volunteers and for those who drop off supplies and donate
money to this  ministry. Water angels, bread angels, fruit angels, etc.
We are a totally self sufficient ministry (by the people for the people)!
God is in charge and we depend on the generosity of His people to keep this ministry
going! By the end of the week our pantry looks bare! I dropped by the sack lunch
ministry to leave the month of October and November calendars for the volunteers.
Janice took me to the pantry and we discussed what was needed to finish out the
week. Our diminishing supplies weighed heavy on my heart as  I dashed over to
St. Mary's to help my husband put up another banner and then I dashed off to the
hardware store to get some mosquito spray. As I was driving back to St. Mary's I
sent up a prayer that went something like this -
God, we know that this is your ministry and we are doing the best we can,
but......we need some food! I can't think right now because I have too much on my mind
so I need you to take care of this. Your will be done. Love you, Amen!
I arrived at St. Mary's and sprayed for mosquitoes and took a picture of our banner
and shared it on Facebook with a message to come and pray! I called Jim and told him
that I had to run by Trudo's Religious Store to leave some of the 40 Days for Life
Pray to End Abortion buttons and then I would be home. I planned on just running in
and dropping off the buttons and running right back out (that never happens). My
very dear friend was in Trudo's. She and her husband help with the sack lunch a lot!
We visited for a while and I told her about our pantry and how we needed fruit and
peanut butter crackers for tomorrow and guess what? She told me that I should have
called her in the first place and that she would pick those items up and drop them
off early tomorrow morning! I hugged her, said my goodbyes and walked out the
door. She came out right behind  me and I walked over to her and told her how she
was an answer to my prayers. God is good - He is an awesome God -All the time!
Once again, He has made sure that we have what we need to feed His people.
I hope y'all have an amazingly blessed afternoon!
                                                                          Bye for now, Sharla


4 comments:

  1. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately this, such as you
    wrote the e book in it or something. I feel that you could do with a few percent to pressure
    the message home a little bit, but instead of that,
    that is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

    I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet visitors, its really really nice paragraph on building up new weblog.
    Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the
    same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors! http://foxnews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a good opinion, post is nice, thats why i have read it completely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, I check your blogs like every week.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete