Sunday, July 8, 2018

Summer Blessings!

Hello out there! It is 11:15 p.m. and everyone is tucked in for the night! Jim and I
picked up two of our granddaughters today - we are blessed to have them with us
for a whole week! Our summer has been a busy time - it always is! Anniversaries,
Birthdays, and more Birthdays, oh my! All of our grandchildren are growing so fast!
Three of them will soon pass me in height and two of them already wear shoes my
size! Our daughter and her family came over after Mass and the kids were so happy
to see their cousins. They played outside and everyone ate in shifts. The little boy
who lives across the street ran over and joined in the fun. After they went home,
Jim went to bed. The girls and I watched a movie, "The Parent Trap" and we laughed
and laughed. The night lights are on and I brewed a cup of herbal tea. I decided that
I better write a quick post before I get ready for bed. I will be busy this week, busier
than usual! We will celebrate two of our grandchildren's birthdays tomorrow at our son
and daughter-in-law's home. Two of their children have birthdays close together and a
special day has been planned.
Last Saturday, June 30th, we had our first, United March for Life, in San Angelo. About
330 people participated in the march and several groups were praying for us. It was a
peaceful march for life letting people know that we are united against the possibility
of Planned Parenthood returning to San Angelo. I am too tired to go into all the reasons
why we don't want them here but if you've been reading my blog for very long you
already know why. Look for the Live Action Facebook page - they have so much
information about how Planned Parenthood works and it is really informative, stuff
that will hurt your heart but also open your eyes.
The girls and I are going to bake some of their favorite things this week; Pumpkin Nut
Muffins, Rice Krispy Treats, and Smores are some of the fun and yummy things!
I made Cappuccino Royale Cookies this afternoon to take to the party tomorrow!
Cookies with Espresso mixed in - my daughter-in-law likes them and so do the kids!
Well I think I will call it a night!
Blessings to all of you out there -
Blessings and peace near or far,
Blessings to you wherever you are!
Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment