Friday, July 27, 2018

Our Trip to the Desert - Chapter 3 and Some Heart Warmers!




Hello out there! Before I tell you more about our trip - I have to share something that
touched my heart at the Noon Mass (12:10 p.m.) today. Three young adults were
sitting in a pew in front of me, two young ladies and one young man. The young
ladies grew up in San Angelo and at our parish, Sacred Heart Cathedral. They have
all graduated college and are involved in a college campus ministry known as,
Focus Campus Ministry. For more information about this ministry and what they do
please go to http://www.focus.org/
I smiled at the young ladies, I am proud to know them. The young man joined them
right before Mass began and he was wearing a Focus t-shirt. I watched as he knelt
down and prayed - so very reverently. Of course this touched my heart and filled me
with so much hope. My eyes teared up as I watched one of the altar servers, a young
man in high school, light the candles and help with other preparations before Mass
began. I was thanking God for these young people when another young man walked
by - he graduated from Texas A & M a year ago and is now a seminarian. My smile
could not have been any bigger and I felt like my heart might burst with the joy I
felt at seeing these young people who are so devoted to God. The young seminarian
also served as an altar server. There were quite a few people at the Noon Mass
today - people of all ages - and I pray that they felt the same hope and joy in their
hearts watching our youth and young adults choosing a journey that will bring them
closer to our loving God.


On Tuesday evening, as Jim and I drove closer to Tucson, I took this beautiful picture.
I'm so glad I was able to capture the sun beams as they broke through the clouds. I
can almost see God reaching out to hug us with the warm sun rays. We spent the
night in Tucson and had breakfast at a very old Mexican Restaurant on Wednesday
morning. Our waitress told us how it had started out as a drive through back in the
1930's and they kept growing and they continued to add on. The food was very good and
when we were leaving I spotted this right outside - Our waitress was happy to help out!

We sent this picture to the kids and they laughed and laughed!
But hey, we were on vacation so Jim finally agreed!
Our next stop was the PIMA Air and Space Museum - amazing place - you would
have to go back multiple times to see everything. So much history - we loved it!
Here are a few pictures:




The next place we visited was one of my favorites!
Mission San Xavier del Bac
Look this up and read about it!
A picture of the historical maker is at the bottom of the post!
I took a lot of pictures!

The history, design, artwork, and most importantly; the faith these people had is
so inspiring. The desert flowers, cactus, and plants were beautiful. All kinds of
lizards would dart right out in front of you. Can you see the ground squirrel in
the picture above the cactus? They were everywhere! I will add a few more
pictures and then close out Chapter 3! This is just Wednesday afternoon of our
trip - I will begin Chapter 4 with Wednesday evening and the covey of quail
that were outside our window!






No comments:

Post a Comment