Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Thankful Kind of Day!

Good morning out there! It's the beginning of another hot day. Please pray for the
people who work out in this heat. I've been sharing stories about our trip last week.
A quick break from that story to talk about some super special people in my life!
When I was young I always knew that I wanted to be a wife and a mother. I've been
very blessed with a wonderful husband,  children, and grandchildren. Our family
has grown over the years and our hearts grow with each addition to our family. I am
truly blessed to be able to spend time with our grandchildren. We have ten all
together; two boys and eight girls. Many of you already know this but if you are
new to my blog this information is for you! When you have ten grandchildren there
is always a birthday to celebrate or a school function to attend, etc.
The week before our trip we were able to spend the whole week with our
granddaughters who live out of town. When they visit we make sure that they
get to spend time with all of their cousins. It was a busy week! We went to the
movies, skating, swimming, and played outside. We went to Mass on Sunday
evening and on Friday at noon.  I love spending time with them and I'm glad we
always have fun but going to Mass together and praying together will always
be the most important and what I hope they always remember!
So... we spent a week with our grandkids, going here and there! We left on our
vacation two days later and when we got home we hit the ground running!
One of our granddaughters turned eleven yesterday. I picked her up and we met
my daughter and her daughter (who turned twelve in May) at the Mall. We went
shopping for school clothes and then went out to eat for lunch. I took a picture of
the girls as they sat across from us. They told the waitress what they wanted and
used their manners so nicely. We had a good time. My daughter had picked up
some very pretty cupcakes and we sang (in a low voice) the Happy Birthday song.
We left and came home so that "the birthday girl" could get ready to meet her aunt
and cousins at the pool. My daughter has two more little girls who were at Mother's
Day Out and they had gone to pick them up. I went to the grocery store and ran
some errands while they swam the afternoon away. My granddaughter was going to
spend the night with Nana and Pa. She is one of five children and the second oldest.
It has been many years since she spent the night with us all by herself. We did a
puzzle (I need to buy some more) and stayed up late and watched a movie. She
requested cinnamon toast for breakfast and that was easy peasy! I will take her home
later on this afternoon. A picture popped up on my computer from 7/25/2013 and it
sure pulled on my heartstrings. It was a picture of my granddaughters when they were
six and seven, sitting side by side, eating frozen yogurt - oh my goodness,
how time flies. I'm going to print both pictures, the one from yesterday and the one
from five years ago, and make three copies and put them in frames. A picture for
them and one for me - they grow up so fast.
I love this picture - respect, love, wonder, and grace, beauty, mercy, and so much faith!


I thank God for my blessings  -  my cup runneth over and over! Thank you, Jesus,
for all of my babies, big and small, oh how I love them all!
Hug your kids, hug your spouse, spend time with your family! Put down the phones,
get out a puzzle, or the coloring books, or go take a walk! Life is a gift!
                                                                      Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                                  Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment