Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Chapter 2 - Our Trip to the Desert - Pictures and Memories Along the Way




Hello out there! I made it back to my computer! I ended Chapter 1 with Tuesday
morning in Las Cruces, New Mexico just as we were leaving.
We headed west on I 10 and enjoyed the scenery. I took pictures as Jim drove.
We came to an area where there were warning signs about the dust storms and then
we drove by these humongous boulders - Jim said that they looked like something
out of the old Flintstone's cartoons.
We stopped in Lordsburg, New Mexico and ate at Kranberry's Family Restaurant also
known as Kranberry's Chatterbox. The food was good, the people were friendly, and
the restrooms were clean! We like to eat at original restaurants when we travel out of
town -  no fast food chains or places we can go to when we are at home.
We finally made it across the state line into Arizona. I had looked up some places we
might want to visit along our route and St. David, Arizona was our next stop! The
Holy Trinity Monastery is in St. David and the area is so peaceful. A beautiful chapel;
Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel, a pond, a prayer path,  a cemetery, a huge cross,
gigantic trees, peacocks, and more. I took a bunch of pictures and you will see 
how amazing this place is!
We even stayed for the 4:00 p.m.
Vespers Prayer Service.
I will write more tomorrow!
    Blessings to you and yours!
         Bye for now, Sharla























No comments:

Post a Comment