Monday, July 7, 2014

Good Morning out there! I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July celebration! We celebrated with our children and grandchildren, we had a good time. I received a large envelope in the mail on Saturday full of pamphlets and brochures from the Gladney Center for Adoption. I am going to take some of them to leave at my parish, Sacred Heart Cathedral. I will keep some in my truck, and some in my purse. I also let people know on face book that I have plenty to share if they would like some for their church. These brochures have all kinds of information for pregnant mothers who may be thinking of adoption as an option. There are also testimonials from young ladies who chose adoption for their baby. These are the titles of the brochures:


Adoption at a Glance
Adoption Choices
Knowing God's Heart for Adoption
My Daughter is Pregnant...Now What?


There are testimonials and information about housing during the mother's pregnancy. They also have the different adoption choices listed.
Gladney.org
1-800-gladney
Pregnancyhotline.org
Text HOPE to 43648 (Msg & data rates may apply)
Text CHRISTIANADOPTION to 43648 to speak with a counselor. (Standard text message rates apply.)


Being adopted at birth has been such a blessing for me because I was given life. The reality is, if I had been conceived just 9 years later, after Roe v Wade, instead of life, I might have been given a death sentence. I could have been viewed as a choice instead of as a baby. What we choose to do with our life is up to us. I choose to promote life, promote adoption as the life option. I choose to try and help people. God has given me this heart that sometimes feels like it is going to come out of my chest if I don't speak up for these babies, I don't know how to explain it, I just keep trying. Please help me with this life message. Please help me promote adoption as a life option. Please see that babies are Gifts from God. I love this bible verse that is on the back of the one of the pamphlets.
 I will close with it for today, bye for now, Sharla


"He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!"
Psalm 113:9





No comments:

Post a Comment