Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Prayers and Peace

Hello out there! I hope y'all are doing well. The Rosary for Life began on Sunday,
October 1st at 7:00 a.m. Jim and I drove over to St. Mary's Catholic Church early on
Sunday morning. We were in separate trucks. He unloaded what I needed and then
he headed home. I went and sat down on a bench in front of the grotto. It was still
dark outside and very quiet. I sat there in the peaceful stillness as the sun began to
rise and a small kitten scampered out from behind the grotto and began to meow.
I wish you could feel the peace I felt as I sat there watching the sun rise above the
grotto. Tears streamed down my face as I thanked God for the beautiful, serene,
perfect place for our prayer vigil. The kitten climbed up onto the lower part of the
grotto and curled up in some vines and went to sleep. Families started arriving for
the 8:00 a.m. Mass. My daughter came and prayed the rosary with me and another
lady joined in. The morning was full of prayerful people. My friends and co-
coordinators, Candi and Connie, were there also. Connie and her family and members
of the St. Philomena Rosary group prayed before the Noon Mass. My heart was
so full - so many people praying in front of the beautiful grotto. Connie's sister and
her family brought fresh flowers for Mama Mary and added them to the colorful
array of plants that were already there. There was a huge smile on my face and
peace in my heart when I left to go back home.
Jim and I went to Mass on Sunday evening and then went home and got things
ready for the next morning. We went to bed early because we were going to
Adoration on Monday morning. We were filling in for our friend
who goes to Adoration from 4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. and then we would stay for our
regular time from 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. (I call it double duty when we do that)!
He fills in for us when we are going to be gone (double duty)! We heard about the
shootings in Las Vegas right as we got to the Adoration Chapel. Why? Why is
their so much evil and hate in our world? We had plenty to pray about for the
two hours we were there.
We drove home and I grabbed a few things and another cup of coffee and headed
to the grotto at St. Mary's Catholic Church. This has been a wonderful way for
me to begin my day this week. People have been coming to pray! It has been a
huge blessing.
Last night I picked up my friend, Lupe, and we went to the Pregnancy Help Center
fundraising dinner. My daughter-in-law was the Table Host. I was able to spend
the evening with my daughter-in-law, my daughter, and two of my closest friends,
and some other very nice ladies that sat at our table. The speaker was really good
but her story is very emotional. She survived a saline abortion in 1977. A miracle,
her life and how she survived is truly by the grace of God.
I have to go and fix dinner now. But first, I'm going to attach a couple of pictures
I took this morning while I was praying at the grotto. Another beautiful sunrise
and birds flying in and out of the trees. Dear Lord, please have mercy on the whole
world and please bless us all with peace on earth. Amen.
                                                      Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment