Monday, March 13, 2017

Say A Prayer and Sing Out Loud!

Hello, hello, good evening out there! A quick post before dinner! I was at the grocery
store this morning. I was picking up some lunch meat and fresh fruit for the Sack Lunch
Ministry; Oscar Mayer Thick Sliced Bologna and bananas. They were playing an oldie
but goodie song on the intercom. I think, I'm almost positive it was one of
Anne Murray's songs. I was steering my shopping cart down the isles and singing out
loud - "When there's no getting over that rainbowwwwww, and the smallest of dreams
don't come true, I can take all the madness the world has to give but I won't last a day
without youuuuu, no I won't last a day without youuuuuu. I think those are the words
of the song, they were the ones I was singing.
I checked out, loaded the groceries into my truck and drove over to the church parking
lot. I was still singing that song as I unloaded the groceries and started walking to the
cafeteria, I even threw in a little spin with my arms out wide and grocery bags
hanging from my finger tips! I was just happy, just plain old happy.
A little later on a very unhappy person tried to take my joy away and I almost let
them! This person was not someone we serve, they are all very appreciative!
 No, this was someone else who I honestly feel sorry for, but for a short time today,
they just made me mad.  But I said some prayers and just shook that ugliness right off!
Hey, that's another song, "Shake, shake, shake it off!"
I had a super great day and when Jim and I were going out to feed the chickens and
the sheep I sang that song (the first one) at the top of my lungs. I gathered eggs,
fed our outdoor goldfish and did a little dance!


The motto of my story is - Don't let other people bring you down! Say a prayer and
sing out loud!


                 Y'all have a great evening- Jim and I are praying for all of you!
               
                        I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!


                                                               Bye for now, Sharla

1 comment:

  1. Karen Carpenter! She was the one who sang that song! Thanks to my friend for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete