Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Blessings from the Children

Good morning out there! I hope you have a wonderful day. I've had a busy week so far.
Yesterday I picked up the supplies needed for the Sack Lunch Ministry. I had put off
going for awhile and we needed almost everything! We don't have to worry about
the water anymore because that is being donated and delivered by some really nice men!
I want to thank everyone who is involved with this ministry that blesses so many people.
We are blessed with several volunteers who pack the sack lunches and hand them out.
The people we serve are greeted with warm smiles, happy greetings, and listening ears.
We are blessed by all the monetary donations we receive so that we can purchase the
supplies needed to provide the lunches. The children from Angelo Catholic School
decorate the sacks that the lunches are in. I took some pictures of some of the sacks
we received last week. I want to share some of the messages that were written on the
sacks. The children really take this to heart -


"I hope you are getting a lot of food. We're all praying for you. I am praying for all
your friends and your life. I want your soul to be healing from all your hunger. I want
you to be full after you eat all your food. I love you for ever. God and Jesus are
watching over you!"


"You are perfect just the way you are" (Each word was underlined.)


"We are praying 4 you!"


"Jesus loves you with all his heart"


These priceless, heartfelt messages take your breath away, brings tears to your eyes,
touch your heart, and bless us all.


Mark 10: 13-16
Jesus Blesses the Children.
People were bringing their little children to him to have him touch them, but the
disciples were scolding them for this. Jesus became indignant when he noticed it
and said to them: "Let the children come to me and do not hinder them. It is to just
such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. I assure you that whoever does not
accept the reign of God like a little child shall not take part in it." Then he embraced
them and blessed them, placing his hands on them.
(Saint Joseph Edition of the New American Bible)


                                                                      Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                                   Bye for now, Sharla



1 comment:

  1. Children are so innocent and precious! May God bless them all!!

    ReplyDelete