Thursday, August 11, 2016

I am Thankful!

Hello out there! It is 103 degrees outside! I am thankful that I'm able to be inside
and that our air conditioner is working! My husband is a contract welder and there
have been many, many days that he has worked outside in the heat. He has also
worked outside in really cold weather. When the weather is hot and he is working
outside I ask God to please let there be a cloud above his head for shade and let a
cool breeze pass by. I make sure he has plenty of water and Gatorade and he keeps
a bandana tied around his neck. Our sons also work outside in inclement weather -
my guys are tough and they work hard to take care of their families. Their father
has always been a wonderful example and he is the hardest working man I've ever
met. He has "old school" work ethics. Start work early and don't take long breaks,
in other words - get a drink, go to the bathroom, and get back to work!
Stay off the phone unless it is important or has to do with business. He has an old
flip phone and he does not text at all! I take that back, he did send me a text
the other day just to see if he could. He said it took him forever to figure it out and
this was his message, Howdy. He told me that he was going to add something else
but it was taking too long! I laughed and told him that I would rather talk than text
anyway. I really just sat down to say hello and that I hope you are all doing well.
I've been really busy this last week and I haven't had time to write. I usually write
what is on my mind and in my heart and today I'm thinking about my husband and
how blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful guy.


I have to go and get ready for a meeting at church. I'll try to write a post in the next
couple of days to tell y'all what has been going on around here. I pray that you are
all happy and healthy and I pray that you and your families are safe.


Blessings to you and yours! Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment