Monday, April 6, 2020

A Prayerful Hymn of Peace

Good morning out there - it is cloudy and a little cool this morning. The weather
app on my phone shows a cloudy week with sunshine on Easter Sunday. I think
that is a beautiful sign - the sun will shine when Jesus, the Son of God,  rises from
the dead.
Be a light in this dark world! Call friends and family, especially those who live
alone. Texting is fine but it is really nice to hear someone's voice - so make a call!
God is good and He is always with us-through the good days, the bad days and the
downright ugly days. Keep on praying and reach out to others. We need more faith,
hope, love, kindness, and compassion in our world.



 I love the prayer of Saint Francis - (The following is from a hymn we sing during
Mass - "Prayer of St. Francis")
Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord, and where there's doubt, true faith in you.


Make me a channel of your peace. Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness - only light, and where there's sadness ever joy.


O Master, grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled, as to console.
To be understood, as to understand. To be loved, as to love, with all my soul.


Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
In giving of ourselves that we receive, and in dying that we're born to eternal life.


                                                                Blessings and Peace, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment