Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Prayer for All of You, Near or Far, Wherever You Are!

Hello out there! It is 11:24 pm and I am determined to share this post before
midnight! Today is Divine Mercy Sunday! The following prayer is the
Divine Mercy Chaplet - it is a prayer for the whole world!
Near or far, wherever you are, I pray this prayer for you and your loved ones.



 It is really beautiful when we sing this Chaplet. (I'm singing this as I'm typing)
The refrain goes like  this:
For the sake of His sorrowful passion,
have mercy on us and on the whole world.

How to pray The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy:
(It is easier to keep up with if you have a rosary, but if you don't,
you can count on your fingers.)

1. Begin with the Sign of the Cross and then pray (1) Our Father, (1) Hail Mary
and The Apostles Creed.
2. Prayer - (Pray this 1 time) Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood,
Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in atonement for ours sins and those of the whole world.   
3. Pray this refrain 10 times:
    For the sake of His sorrowful passion,
   have mercy on us and on the whole world.
You repeat steps (2) & (3) for a total of (5) times.
4. Conclude with (3 times)
   Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One,
  have mercy on us and on  the whole world.
5. End by making the sign of the cross and saying Amen.

It is a beautiful, peaceful prayer. I find myself humming or singing it a lot.
I also pray  it if I wake up during the night.

Many blessings to you and yours during the entire Easter Season!
                                                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment