Monday, February 1, 2016

LIFE IS A BLESSING!

Hello Out There! It is a beautiful day! How are y'all doing? I need to write a long post
to share everything that has been going on over the last 12 days! The last post I wrote
was on January 19th! I can't believe it has been that long! I will write a quick (Ha Ha)
summary:
Friday - 1/22/16 - The horrible anniversary of Roe v Wade:
Pro-Life Rosary in the courtyard at Sacred Heart at 4:30 p.m. followed by Mass in
the Cathedral at Sacred Heart. Bishop Michael Sis was the Celebrant and his homily
was wonderful. Drove home and loaded up an overnight bag in the truck and Jim and
I headed to Austin! We arrived at our hotel in South Austin about 11:00 p.m.
(I have to go and get ready for the 6:00 p.m. Mass right now, I will finish with my
summary tomorrow  morning - Lord willing!)
I'm back - it is Monday morning! I will try to finish my summary before I head out
the door.
Saturday - 1/23/16 - Texas Rally for Life in Austin & Texas Catholic Pro-Life Day:
Pro-Life Rosary and Vigil in front of the Planned Parenthood on Ben White Blvd.
from 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Mass of Thanksgiving for the Gift of Human Life at St. Vincent de Paul Parish
celebrated by Bishop Vasquez at 10:00 a.m. - The Mass was beautiful! The sanctuary
was packed, standing room only! Families and youth groups from all across Texas
filled the pews! The choir was angelic; the St. Vincent de Paul Children's Choir,
Holy Family Catholic School Choir and St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School Choir!
Very uplifting to be with so many other pro-life people. Everything was so organized,
even the parking!
The Pro-Life March to the courthouse was really exciting, there were so many people,
it was amazing! Banners and pro-life signs, so many young people, moms and dads,
babies, toddlers, teens, grandparents!
The Rally at the courthouse was great, the speakers were excellent and the music
was too! A really awesome day!
Jim and I drove home on Sunday and went to Mass at 6:00 p.m. Monday morning we
went to Adoration from 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. and then the regular work week began.
I picked up supplies for the Sack Lunch Ministry on Tuesday and worked on tax stuff
for our family business the rest of the week. I also started signing people up for the
40 Days for Life Spring Campaign which begins next week!
My oldest grandchild, who is also my oldest grandson, turned 10 on Saturday! Where
does the time go? He is almost as tall as me. He has a big heart, a beautiful smile and he
is a really awesome big brother and an all around great kid! Yes, I am a little partial,
but he is a blessing to us all! His birthday party was at their home, they live out
in the country, a perfect party for a boy! BB gun target shooting, yes, there was plenty
of supervision! Chase, hide and go seek, rock chunking, you name it-they all had a great
time! Well, I have a lot to accomplish today so I better close for now. I hope you all have
a wonderful week. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
                                               Blessings and Peace, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment