Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Thankful for God's Blessings

Hello Out There! How are y'all doing? I haven't posted anything new in almost
three weeks! It isn't that I haven't had anything to say or to share with y'all, I have
just been so busy! Here is a condensed version, a kind of quick summary:
   My life is full of busy blessings! When you have ten grandchildren there is always
some place to go, something to see, and fun things to do! So................here are a few
of my activities the past three weeks:
We have been entertained and enjoyed being at the following productions:
Tap and Jazz Recital, Pre-K Graduation, Parish Family Picnic, Little League Game,
Birthday Party for one of our granddaughters who turned 9 and Memorial Day Weekend
with all of our children and grandchildren combined. 3rd Grade Awards Ceremony,
Baskin Robbins for ice cream, feeding hungry tummies, and putting band aids on
wounded knees and toes! Kissing all the boo boos, nap time and rocking back and forth.
Spending time with our grandchildren and adult children is the best! I love watching
all the kids play together. The age ranges are: (2) baby granddaughters, 8 weeks and
11 weeks old, (2) toddler granddaughters, almost 2 years and 3 years old, (1) Pre-K
graduate grandson who is almost 5, (2) young granddaughters, 6 1/2 and almost
8 years old, and (3) 9 year olds, our oldest grandchild, who is also our oldest grandson,
and our (2) oldest granddaughters, born just over two months apart! Blessings and
blessings galore!
     Now I will share what has been going on with church activities. I mentioned the
Parish Family Picnic above. It was held at the City Park and there were about 250
people who came and enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Both of our
parish priests were at the picnic having a good time! We served chili dogs, chips,
desserts and drinks! The junior high and high school kids were playing touch football
and basketball. The younger kids were playing tug-of-war and other games. The young
kids were swinging and sliding and climbing! Parents were playing with their children
and it was awesome! I also noticed that the older teenagers were too busy having fun to
be talking on the phone or texting! I loved seeing their smiling faces and listening to
them laugh. It was just a great evening!
     The next event is something very near and dear to my heart and that is trying to
spread the pro-life message on a daily basis! I had a lot of help planning this get together
and I am so thankful for everyone involved! I especially want to thank my husband for
fabricating the frames for our pro-life banners! About 40 people gathered in the
courtyard at Sacred Heart to pray the Pro-Life Rosary after we hung up the banner of
"Our Lady of Guadalupe." A beautiful picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the
statement, "God is Pro-Life - Are You?" is what the banner says. We took turns leading
each decade of the rosary. We prayed two decades in Spanish and three decades in English.
I love praying the rosary, we prayed the Joyful Mysteries, they are so beautiful. After we
prayed the rosary, and closing prayer, we gathered in the cafeteria and all enjoyed a
pot-luck dinner. We had plenty of food, and we invited other groups who were at the
church for other meetings to join us. The cafeteria was full! The Life Teen group joined
us also, many of them prayed the rosary with us! It was an evening of blessings for me!
    Helping with our Parish Sack Lunch Ministry is something else near and dear to me. I
am so thankful for this wonderful ministry that feeds so many. We provide sack lunches
Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. I am only able to help 2 -3 times a
month right now, but I wish I could help everyday. It is a wonderful ministry. We have
been handing out over 100 sack lunches a day! The sacks have words of encouragement
and bible verses on them. Sometimes the kids draw pictures on them for us. My heart
is always so full after I help with this ministry.
    This past weekend I helped serve at the reception after the Ordination of three priests!
My eyes filled with tears as I watched the young priest greet the people and pray with those
who came up for a blessing! These young men are all amazing, their prayers are so
heartfelt.
    The night before the Ordination I woke up about 2:30 a.m. It was raining outside, and
as I lay there listening to the rain I prayed for each of my grandchildren, and I prayed for
the young men who would be ordained later on that morning. I thanked God that these
young men said "Yes" to devoting their lives to Him. I prayed that God would guide them
and keep them safe and help them to always be discerning. It is so important that we pray
for all of our priests, bishops, deacons, the pope, and so on.
    I hope I haven't bored you with my daily activities, I was just trying to catch up. I will
try not to wait so long before my next post!
     I hope your day is full of blessings, full of life, full of happiness. Whatever is going on
in your life, remember to pray, God loves us all so much!
                                     Blessings to you and yours! Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment