Tuesday, May 12, 2015

God, Peanut Butter and a Good Marriage!

Good Morning Out There! I hope your Tuesday morning is starting off well!
It is cloudy and cool outside this morning. It rained sometime during the night,
and we have a pretty good chance for more rain this morning. I'm always thankful
for the rain!
Jim has already headed off to work. We are both thankful that he is still working,
and we are praying for those who have been let go. Life is full of ups and downs,
the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. The other day I was listening to the
local Catholic radio station as I was running errands and I heard the neatest thing.
I caught the end of the program, but is was about how to have a happy and long
marriage, you know, the death til you part kind of marriage. A married couple are
the hosts for this particular program and their guest was a priest. He gave one of
the best analogies I've ever heard about how a couple must have God in their lives.
He said that a husband and wife are like two pieces of bread, and if you just place
them together they will fall apart. But, if you put peanut butter on the bread and
then place them together, the two pieces of bread will stick together. God is the
peanut butter that holds the couple together! Don't you just love that? I laughed
and laughed, I couldn't wait to tell Jim. Well, he also thought it was a great way to
describe how we need God in our lives.
This morning I fixed Jim some peanut butter and jelly crackers. While I was in the
kitchen, Jim was in our room getting ready for work. As I put the peanut butter
on the crackers, I thought about what that priest said. I poured a cup of coffee for
Jim and carried it to our room. He was kneeling on our hard floor saying his morning
prayers. I sat the coffee down on the dresser, placed my hand on his shoulder and kissed
the top of his head. An overwhelming feeling came over me. I just felt so blessed that
in our marriage, we have God to help hold us together.
May your day be full of blessings.
                                                   Bye for now, Sharla

3 comments:

  1. What's up, I read your new stuff daily. Your story-telling style is witty, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog post. I absolutely love this website.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Many thanks!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete