Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hello out there! Today is Psalm Sunday, we went to Mass this morning and it was wonderful!
I hope everyone reading this had a great week. I didn't have much time to "blog" this past week, because I had a lot going on, but it was a week full of blessings.
 The past six Fridays, a group of people from my parish, The Cathedral Church of The Sacred Heart, in San Angelo, TX have been praying for an end to abortion. We begin praying at 9:00 a.m. and continue until 5:00 p.m.
These amazing and dedicated men and women, of all ages sign up to pray for an hour, throughout the day. Many pray longer. Each group of prayerful people pray specific prayers to save the babies, and their moms. We pray for eyes to be opened that there are life options. The Pro-Life Rosary, The Stations of The Cross, and The Litany For The Unborn are very moving, and emotional, and full of love. Many of these people have been signing up to do this for years. They use to pray in front of the Planned Parenthood before it closed back in September 2013. We were involved with The 40 Days For Life campaigns (40 days in the fall, and 40 days during Lent). I didn't get involved until the fall of 2011.
I started out volunteering to pray 1 hour a week on Friday in front of Planned Parenthood. Each church had an assigned day to pray. The parishioners from Sacred Heart prayed on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. I loved how this prayer chain worked. I started out with the first group of the day, we would pray for an hour and then the other people would start walking up and join in. They would continue the prayers where we left off and when their time was up another group would be there to take over. Continuous prayers all day long. I was humbled and uplifted each week seeing the faith these people had. I also loved the diversity, there were people of all ages, different ethnicities, women and men. Some of these people would pray before work, some would come during their lunch hour, others would come after work, many were retired. Mothers would bring their babies, and young children to pray with them. Husbands and wives, mothers and daughters, sisters and brothers, I loved it!
After being a prayer volunteer in the fall of 2011 and the spring of 2012, I was asked to take over the sign up for our parish in the fall of 2012. I said "yes" and it was easy because so many of the same people would sign up, and then we also signed up more. These "prayer warriors" were and are my heroes! They would be out there praying no matter what the weather was like. Hot days, extremely hot days, hot as you know what days, windy days, cold days, rainy days, these people were such an inspiration to me! My husband would pray with us first thing in the morning, and my daughter and baby granddaughter too! My son would come during his lunch hour. I loved that my family became so involved, they are such a gift, such a blessing to me. After Planned Parenthood closed down our parish decided to keep praying on those Fridays during The 40 Days For Life Campaigns at the Cathedral. So in the fall of 2013 and Lent 2014 we continued our prayers. This post is for all the people who are working in the pro-life movement, who will not be silent, who will never get up, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Y'all are my inspiration, y'all are fighting the good fight. May God bless each and everyone of you.


If you want to learn more about 40 Days For Life, the website is www.40DaysforLife.com


I read the book, 40 Days For Life written by David Bereit & Shawn Carney with Cindy Lambert
It is an amazing, inspiring, book that everyone should read. This book is for men and women, the stories of the young people taking a stand for life is so encouraging.


                                           For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
                                                           but a spirit of power,
                                                       of love and of self-discipline.


                                                                2 Timothy 1:7







No comments:

Post a Comment