Thursday, February 20, 2020

Being a Voice for the Precious Unborn

Hello out there! Greetings on this chilly day - 47 degrees and all is well!
I was reading some of the scriptures in my Magnificat monthly book which
includes; daily prayers, scriptures, readings for the daily Mass, stories about
the lives of some of the Saints, morning prayers, evening prayers - it is full
of God's word!
I'm going to share the scripture and intercessions from the morning prayers
for today, February 20, 2020.
Isaiah 48:20b-21
With shouts of joy proclaim this, make it known; Publish it to the ends of the
earth, and say, "The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob. They did not
thirst when he led them through dry lands; Water from the rock he set
flowing for them; he cleft the rock, and waters welled forth."


I'm only going to share one of the intercessory prayers. This one really touched
me and I think it applies to many of us.


The response is - We put our trust in you!
(When I am reading through these prayers I usually personalize my response.)
For example - today my response was, "O God, I put my trust in you!"
You led your people through the sea dry-shod:
- let us put our trust in you as you lead us through
this day's challenges.
R: "O God, I put my trust in you!"
As I read that, I included a challenge I'm dealing with, it really personalizes
the prayers for me.
I just wanted to share that as a way for you to use whatever daily devotional
you read from to help personalize it for you. (I hope that makes sense!)


Two nights ago - Tuesday, February 18th - I spoke at the RCIA Class at
St. Joseph's Catholic Church. RCIA stands for "The Rite of Christian
Initiation of Adults" and is a process developed by the Catholic Church
for prospective converts to Catholicism. I converted to Catholicism at the
Easter Vigil in 1987 - almost thirty-three years ago.
I was honored to speak at this class and I loved sharing my conversion story.
Some day I will re-share that with you, but today I want to tell you about
the rest of what I talked about that evening. The format for this week was
to discuss the importance of human dignity, respecting all life from conception
to natural death. I took my fetal model set and some pictures. I wore my
t-shirt that says "every life is worth living" and my story began. I told them
that there are people who are known to wear many hats but instead of hats,
I wear many different t-shirts and the one I had chosen for that night matched
the topic of conversation. I love sharing stories of life, love, hope, and joy,
but in life there are also stories of sadness, grief, pain, and regret.
I won't go into all that I shared, but as I spoke I could see the expressions
on their faces as a certain story would resonate with them. I'm a pretty animated
speaker and there is always laughter and usually some tears. I enjoyed visiting
with everyone as we took a break. I thanked God for guiding me and giving me
the words I needed to say. My heart overflowed with joy and hope.
I like to add pictures to my posts. I was thinking about what picture would go
best with this story. I opened my closet door and started pulling t-shirts out.
I arranged them on the end of my bed and saw a collage of messages!


Sometimes you can be a voice for the weakest among us without talking at all.
                                                                                   Blessings to you and yours,
                                                                                                Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment