Friday, May 18, 2018

Peace, Prayers, Memories and Thanksgiving

Hello out there! We have been blessed with rain this week! And lots of it!
I hope you are all doing well. This morning I was sitting on the couch in our
living room and reading today's scriptures and prayers from my daily devotional,
Magnificat. The morning sun was shining in the window and the candle I keep
lit for all of our prayer intentions was flickering behind the fireplace screen. I had
finished reading and was saying my prayers. I looked around our living room
as I prayed and an overwhelming sense of peace came over me. I smiled as I looked
at the pictures and realized how special our living room is to me. It is the perfect
place to pray and meditate. There is a picture on the mantle of the fireplace that
Jim gave me for Christmas; the picture of Jesus feeding the people and the quote
says, "You feed them." The wall on the north side of the living room has a framed
picture of Jesus; the Sacred Heart picture and below it is a small, metal Stations of
the Cross, a gift from my cousin. A chest, stained avocado green sits below,
my mother stained this chest back in the mid 70s not long before she passed away.
On top of the chest sits a bronze statue of Jesus with the lambs that my
daughter-in-law gave to me. In the hallway, back behind the living room, hangs a
picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The small printers desk below the picture is the
one my dad put back together, piece by piece.
Our living room is full of pictures of our children and grandchildren and furniture
that is a mis-matched set of memories that all fits together just right. The rocking
chair was my great aunts. Two of the little end tables were the ones I grew up with
and another table was my grandmothers that sat between her and my grandpa's chairs;
the crossword puzzle on her side and an old pipe with tobacco on his side.
A lamp and the TV guide usually sat on top right in the middle. My prayer time
lasted longer this morning as I thanked God for my many blessings. Our home is
full of memories, laughter, love, and sometimes tears. I don't need or want new
furniture and I'm thankful for what we have.
I pray that wherever you are, near or far, your home is full of good memories,
laughter, love, and sometimes tears, tears of thanksgiving.
I pray that you have a quiet, peaceful place where you can pray and feel God's
presence. The Holy Spirit is always with us - surround yourself with peace and
love in your home, with your family, and with your friends.
 I took these two pictures this evening to add to my story - Faith, Hope, Love
Family, and Home!


I drew a green vine with green leaves and red hearts as the flowers on the sacks
for the Sack Lunch Ministry this week. I wrote the following verse next to
the picture - "Jesus is the vine and we are the branches." Another one of the
volunteers wrote the same message. We enjoy decorating the sacks - another way
we show that we care. Go out and be a light in the darkness - little
things mean so much!
I found the following prayer in the May 13, 2018 issue of the National Catholic
Register.
The Fatima Angel Told the Shepherd Children to Pray This Prayer in 1916
Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore you profoundly, and I
offer you the most precious Body, Blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ, present
in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges
and indifferences by which he himself is offended. And through the infinite merits
of his most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of you the
conversion of poor sinners.



2 comments:

  1. Good day I am so grateful I found your website,
    I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a all round thrilling
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time
    to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
    a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you found my blog.I hope my stories will always be a blessing to you.

      Delete