Monday, May 14, 2018

Moms, Prayers, First Holy Communion, and Hamburgers!

Good morning out there! I hope you are all doing well! Happy Mother's Day Monday
to all the moms, grandmas, aunts, godmothers, foster mothers, and special women
who mean so much to all the children in your lives!
Jim and I have a subscription to the National Catholic Register that is published
bi-monthly (we receive it twice a month so I think that is right)! They have really
good articles and the latest edition, May 13, 2018 had some prayers and quotes that
I am going to share with all of you.


"The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother."
St. Therese of Lisieux




Prayer to Our Lady, Help of Christians
Most Holy Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, how sweet it is to come to your feet,
imploring your perpetual help. If earthly mothers cease not to remember their
children, how can you, the most loving of all mothers, forget me? Grant then to
me, I implore you, your perpetual help in all my necessities, in every sorrow,
and especially in all my temptations. I ask for your unceasing help for all who
are now suffering. Help the weak; cure the sick; convert sinners. Grant through
your intercessions many vocations to the religious life.
Obtain for us, O Mary, Help of Christians, that, having invoked you on earth,
we may love and eternally thank you in heaven.


I will have to share the other prayers later - it is time for me to head out to help
with the St. Francis Sack Lunch Ministry.


Real quick - last Sunday, May 6, 2018, our youngest grandson made his
First Holy Communion. He was so serious and he looked like a little red-headed
angel! He and his Pa (Jim) had gone shopping the week before to pick out his
clothes; khaki pants, long sleeved white shirt, a dark red tie, and a vest. He also
wore a very special tie-tac, the one his father wore at his First Holy Communion,
and his older brother had worn it too! Our daughter and son-in-law were his
sponsors and we took lots of pictures and then we all went out to eat hamburgers
at this really neat restaurant.
Six adults and eight kids - hamburgers and French fries and shakes, oh my!
A very, very special day for the Ynostrosa Familia!




                                                                   Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment