Saturday, July 29, 2017

I'm Just A Happy Homemaker!

Good morning out there! I hope your week was full of blessings! You all know how
much I love to bake! Yesterday, with the help of my daughter and her oldest
daughter (grandchild #3), we made a Chocolate Coffee Cake from scratch. It is
delicious! The cake batter has two sticks of butter, (the real kind), six eggs, sugar,
flour, baking powder and two teaspoons of vanilla! The filling is one cup of melted
chocolate chips with more butter and two more teaspoons of vanilla, cinnamon,
nutmeg and another cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips! Spoon half the batter in a
greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread the melted filling over the batter and then sprinkle
the rest of the chocolate chips all over the top. Spoon the other half of the cake batter
over the filling. Then you sprinkle the yummy topping of brown sugar, butter, and flour
all over the top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. While the cake
is baking you need to make a fresh pot of strong coffee (that is not in the recipe but
it's pretty much mandatory in our home!) The cake was barely out of the oven before
we cut a piece and dug in! It was so good. Jim was working in the shop out back and
our granddaughter took him a piece - he loved it!
Doesn't it look good?
I have to go now!
I just wanted to say hi and that I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I love being a homemaker! Come on over and I'll make a fresh pot of coffee or a pitcher
of iced tea! It's a beautiful day - I pray that you and your loved ones are blessed
beyond measure!
                                                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment