Friday, September 30, 2016

Praying for the Unborn and Children of All Ages


Hello out there! This morning I realized that I forgot to thank the people who donated
the food for the Kick-Off Rally! I know they wish to remain anonymous so I will just
say..............thank you for donating over 200 hot dog buns! We served 168 hot dogs and
the left over buns went to the Sack Lunch Ministry. The buns were used the very next
day! To those who donated the weenies (all beef), condiments, pickles, chips and paper
goods - thank you! The weenies were all gone and the left over chips, pickles, etc. were
also given to the Sack Lunch Ministry! The gate (door) prizes were also donated! We
had a bunch of gate prizes! The children loved drawing the names and calling them out!
Like I said in my previous post - it takes a lot of people working together to make the
rally and 40 Days for Life campaign run smoothly! I am so very thankful for each and
everyone of you, so blessed to have you in my life!
This morning a man walked through the courtyard to get his lunch and asked what was
going on. I explained to him about the prayer vigil and he told me to make sure that we
pray for all the children and teenagers in foster homes too. I told him that was a great
idea and that maybe he would like to pray for them as well. He said that he would and
smiled and thanked me. He was right and we do need to pray for all children of all ages.

 My prayer today is for the unborn, the innocent little babes.
My prayer today is for the little ones who are hungry and abused.
My prayer today is for the children who have to grow up to fast.
My prayer is for the teenagers who move from one foster home to the next.
My prayer is for those who live in group homes and those who have no home at all.
My prayer is that all these children, from the unborn baby in their mother's womb,
to the fully grown young ladies and young men, that they will be loved
and protected, nurtured and fed. I pray that they have shoes that fit and clothes
for all the seasons. I pray that they have a roof over their head. And not just a roof,
but an actual home where they feel safe and feel loved and special.
Dear God, please, protect all children everywhere. Amen.
I was the lector at Mass today. The responsorial was so beautiful, this was the last part:
"Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I give
you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works."
I know a sweet couple who filled out all the paper work to be foster parents. Their plans
are to foster and then maybe adopt. Last night I held the little baby boy they have in
their home right now. I pray for this family and for the little boy's family - there are no
easy answers, we just have to keep on trying to do what is right and to help each other.
May your weekend be full of blessings.
                                                                      Bye for now, Sharla 

No comments:

Post a Comment