Saturday, May 7, 2016

STAYING ON THE RIGHT PATH!

Good Morning Out There! Last night I opened my Living Faith Daily Catholic
Devotions to Friday, May 6 - I usually read my devotions in the morning but I
didn't yesterday. The title made my sleepy eyes pop open, "Speaking for Justice."
Then I read the scripture:
Do not be afraid. Go on speaking, and do not be silent, for I am with you.
Acts 18:9-10
I said, "Jim, you will not believe what the daily devotion scriptures for today are!"
I felt like the Good Lord was encouraging me to keep on writing, to keep on speaking
up for the babies! Yesterday was one of those days where I was really second
guessing myself. God is so good, He knows me so well.
Just the morning before I woke up at 3:00 a.m. If I wake up during the night I pray for
whatever is really touching my heart. Sometimes I just say, Lord, I don't know who
needs my prayers right now, but You do, so my prayers are for whoever is in need.
The morning I'm telling you about, I knew exactly who I needed to pray for. I just kept
seeing babies in my mind, precious little babies. I immediately started praying for all
the women who were scheduled to have abortions that day. I prayed that someone would
reach out to them and let them know that help is available. I prayed that the fathers of
these babies would have an over whelming sense of love and compassion for their
baby and the baby's mother. I prayed that the abortionists would have a change of heart
and if that didn't work, that they would have a flat tire! I prayed for the babies, I prayed
that their little lives would be spared, I prayed for a conversion of hearts!
I just had to share this with you. Our prayers are needed, please keep on praying
for the unborn, their families, and for families all over the world!
The scripture for this morning is:
Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.
 John 16:24
I'm going to share the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary with you again!
God Bless You All!
First Joyful MysteryThe Annunciation
Luke 1:28
And when the angel had come to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women."
(When we pray the pro-life rosary, we add special intentions after each
 mystery/scripture.)
Mary is troubled by the angel's greeting, yet rejoices to do God's will.
Let us pray that those who are troubled by their pregnancy may have
the grace to trust in God's will.
Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation
Luke 1:41-42
Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and cried out in a loud voice:
"Blest are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb."
John the Baptist leapt for joy in his mother's womb. We pray that people
may realize that abortion is not about children who "might" come into
the world, but is about children who are already in the world, living and
growing in the womb, and are scheduled to be killed.
Third Joyful Mystery
The Birth Of Jesus
Luke 2:7
She gave birth to her first-born Son and wrapped Him in swaddling
clothes and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them
in the place where travelers lodged.
God Himself was born as a child. The greatness of a person does not depend
on size, for the newborn King is very small. Let us pray for an end to prejudice
against the tiny babies threatened by abortion.
Fourth Joyful Mystery
The Presentation
Luke 2:22-23
When the day came to purify them according to the law of Moses,
the couple brought Him up to Jerusalem so that He could be presented
to the Lord, for it is written in the law of the  Lord, "Every first-born male
shall be consecrated to the Lord."
The Child is presented in the Temple because the Child belongs to God.
Children are not the property of their parents, nor of the government.
They -and we- belong to God Himself.
Fifth Joyful Mystery
Finding The Child Jesus in The Temple
Luke 2:46
On the third day they came upon Him in the temple sitting in the midst
of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
The boy Jesus was filled with wisdom, because He is God. Let us pray that
all people may see the wisdom of His teachings about the dignity of life,
and may understand that this teaching is not an opinion, but the truth.
After each intention, we pray one "Our Father", "Ten Hail Marys",
one "Glory be to the Father",  and one "O My Jesus" prayer.
For the Pro-Life Rosary we add
"Jesus, protect and save the unborn"
at the end, before starting the next mystery.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
                                                             Bye for now, Sharla




No comments:

Post a Comment