Monday, January 26, 2015

Coffee and a Road Trip for Life

Hello out there! I have so much to share with y'all, but I also have to go to the
grocery store, so I will post part of my story today, and the rest tomorrow! Guess
where Jim and I were on Saturday? That's right! We were at the Texas Rally for
Life in Austin, TX. The whole day was an amazing experience! It was such a huge
blessing to be with so  many pro-life people of all ages.
Our day began at 2:00 am, no that is not a typo, the alarm went off at 2:00 am!
Jim got up and went in the kitchen and poured coffee in our mugs and brought
them back to the bedroom. I was still in bed thinking what in the world are we
doing waking up at this time of night? By the time I rolled out of bed, approximately
2:15 am, Jim was already dressed, and telling me to get moving. After drinking
about half a cup of coffee, I started waking up. By the time I finished that cup and
started another, I was roaring to go! We left the house at 3:00 am, by this time I was
talking a mile a minute! Jim nicely reminded me that he was not quite as talkative
as I was that early in the morning and to try and just enjoy the drive for a little bit!
Well that lasted all of ten minutes or so! Anyway, he drove to Mason and then we
switched and I drove to some little place right outside of Austin, then Jim took over
so I could navigate/pay attention to where we needed to go!


This was our schedule:
7:00 am - Met in front of the Planned Parenthood on Ben White in Austin to pray
the rosary with other pro-life Catholics.
9:15 am - The Living Rosary at St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Austin, TX
The children pantomimed the Joyful Mysteries and the students lead the congregation
in praying the Rosary for Life. The Dominican Sisters of Mary organized this
beautiful Living Rosary. Absolutely precious, awesome, heart warming, etc.!
10:00 am - A Pro-Life Mass was celebrated, and the church was packed! We
were shoulder to shoulder in the pews, and there were teenagers from parishes
all across Texas standing all along the walls! My heart was so full, and still is
when I think about all the young people who are pro-life and proud of it!


I'll have to tell you about the March to the capitol and the Texas Rally for Life
on the capitol steps and lawn tomorrow! Wonderful, amazing, incredible, so
very, very thankful we were there!


I have to go to the store now, my dogs, Bella and Stormy, need food, and so do we!
Y'all have a great day! I keep thinking about this bible verse:
Seek and ye shall find...I so wanted and needed to see an abundance of other pro-life
people and what I witnessed on Saturday will stay in my heart for the rest of my
life! Blessings to you and yours!                 Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment