Saturday, December 2, 2023

A Stranger Wearing a Red Bandana Mask Printed with Marijuana Leaves

 Hello out there! I have to share this memory that I thought of yesterday.

Back in February 2021 - right after "Snowmageddon" - I was headed to our son's home to help take care of our grandchildren. I left on a beautiful, cold but sunny, Sunday afternoon. There was still snow on the ground in most places. As I drove through Big Spring I decided to pick up pizza to take with me for dinner that night. I pulled into Little Caesars and placed my order. The young lady at the window asked if I could pull forward and wait until my order was ready. I drove out into the parking lot, turned off the engine and decided to roll down my window and get a little fresh air. I noticed a young man as he walked past my car. He turned to me and said, "Hey there, do you have any spare change for a hungry traveler?"  I smiled at him and replied, "I sure do."

The young man had curly, shoulder length, brown hair and wore a red bandana printed with marijuana leaves as a mask. (The mask mandate was still in effect at that time.) He had pulled the bandana down to his chin as he spoke to me. He asked me where I was from and then told me he was from Tennessee. My response was, "Tennessee, son, what in the world are you doing in Big Spring, Texas?"

I still remember his excitement as he told me about his trip to Grand Canyon National Park. He and some of his friends traveled out there to camp out, and see the stars. He asked me if I had ever been and I told him that no, I had not ever been there. He told me about their first night and he raised his arms in the air and said, "It was like Simba in the movie the Lion King." I smiled as I listened to him describe the beauty of the night skies and how he hopes that he can go back someday. Then he told me that his van had broken down and the delay on getting it fixed, etc. I handed him some money and told him to be careful and that I hoped his van would be fixed soon. He took the money, smiled at me and said, 
"Thank ya darlin, you have a blessed day." I watched as he walked back to Little Caesars and as he opened the door to go in, a young lady was coming out to bring me my order.

I smiled and thanked God, because I realized that I was supposed to meet that young man that day. I pray that my eyes and heart will always be open to the people and angels God sends my way. I knew yesterday that this was a story I had to share. I hope this brings a smile to your face and touches your heart ! May you be blessed with angels along your life's journey.

Peace and blessings to you and yours, 

near and far, wherever you are!

Bye for now, Sharla



6 comments:

  1. Golly!!! What an amazing revelation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you’re so sweet. I hope Scant received some of that pizza too:) Nice story cuz, it’s good to see ppl as Jesus sees em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey MM (cuz) - thanks for the sweet comment! Love y'all!

      Delete
  3. You are truly an inspiration. When I think one post fills my heart, I’m blessed by another beautiful reminder to keep my heart and my mind open. God lives within us all ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am humbled by your comment - thank you! Peace and blessings!

      Delete