Sunday, September 13, 2020

Saying Yes and Letting Go - Faith and Trust


Good morning out there - I used to be able to write a post or share a story without even thinking about it. I would sit down in my chair and the words would just come. So much has happened in the last six months that I haven't had the time or when I've had the time I haven't had the energy. Today is a new day and I want to write - I want to share stories. I really think I just have to get back into my writing mode.


When I began my blog in March of 2014 I had no idea what I was doing. I just had so much in my heart, so much I needed to say and I jumped right in. My posts were short at first but I made an effort several times a week and before I knew it my posts became stories. Whether my stories were serious or funny, full of information, scriptures, or words from a hymn - each story was from my heart. The information I shared was always researched before I included it on my blog.

My last post/story was on July 30th and it was about our busy life while we were taking care of four of our grandchildren. For those of you who may be new to my blog, our seven year old granddaughter has leukemia. Her two brothers and two sisters stayed with us throughout the summer. Our granddaughter has a long journey ahead. She is doing much better but will have to undergo several chemo/cancer treatments over the next two years. Our son and his family have recently moved over two hours away. He travels with his job and needed to be closer to the district office. My husband Jim and I will be taking turns traveling back and forth as needed. We will be helping out quite a bit, especially over the next three and a half months.

Sometimes we have to make difficult decisions in our lives.  I am a pro-life advocate and that will not change. But I have decided to step down from my volunteer position as a pro-life coordinator for the San Angelo area (Catholic Diocese). I have truly loved being part of this important mission, working with amazing, selfless people. Speaking to our youth, sharing the beautiful message of the sanctity of life from conception to natural death. I will not have the time it requires to coordinate this important mission. I have prayed and wept and I have accepted that it is time to let go.

Being pro-life is being pro-family and my family needs me right now. I have so much more to say but my keyboard is not cooperating and the keys are sticking and I honestly need a new computer!

Please pray for the unborn babies and their parents. Please be a voice for the voiceless.

Blessings,

Sharla



  



No comments:

Post a Comment