Friday, November 9, 2018

Leaning On Others For A Little While!

Good morning out there - It has been so long since I have written a post. I have a lot
to share but my stories will have to wait another couple of days. We are okay - but Jim
and I were in a wreck this past Saturday evening while we were traveling back home
from a trip to Houston. We were going through a small town west of Austin and another
vehicle turned right in front of us as we were going through a green light. Thanks be to
God, we all walked away from the accident. I couldn't understand why my legs hurt
so bad and why they were bruised up - the bottom airbag deployed and hit my shins
and my left calf muscle. I am okay - but I have to elevate my left leg on a regular
basis because of the swelling - looks awful but it will heal - no broken bones!
Everyone has been so helpful - we are blessed with an amazing family and friends!
I am carless for awhile but that is quite all right!
I didn't get to attend the 40 Days for Life Closing Celebration on Sunday. It went very
well and we are thankful for all those who were able to attend. I was talking to Connie
on the phone and we were going over what needed to be done. Jim was driving me to
the emergency room just to be on the safe side and I was crying because I wasn't going
to be able to be at the closing. I know that sounds silly but I was emotional and just
wanted to be with everyone. They sent pictures and looking at all the faithful people
made me smile.
It looked like such a wonderful closing celebration; music, a procession to the Grotto
with roses, the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary prayed in English and Spanish,
fellowship, and a special blessing from our Bishop Mike Sis. And my awesome 40
Days Teammates; Candi, Connie, Dorothy, and Stephanie knew just what to do!
I guess I'm going to have to get a laptop so that I can write from my recliner! Just kidding!
I'll be vrooming back and forth before you know it! I'm closing with a prayer that I've
written before - please pray for all the families who have lost their loved ones over
the last two weeks of tragedies.
I pray that your day is full of blessings.
If you are sick, I pray that you will get well.
If you have lost a loved one, I pray that you will be comforted.
 If you are anxious,
I pray that a feeling of peace will wash over you.
 If you are lonely, I pray that someone
will reach out to you.
 I pray that you will know that even though I may not know you,
I really do care.
If you are struggling financially,
 I pray that God will send you what  you need.
 If you are struggling with addiction,
 I pray that God will give you strength
and courage to give up whatever is holding you hostage.
 If you are in a crisis pregnancy,
I pray that you will be directed to the path of life,
 and guided to all the help that is available for you and your baby.
 If you are a caregiver, I pray that you will get the rest you need,
 and know that it is ok to take time for yourself.
Dear God, I lift all the intentions I've listed above to you.
 I pray for anyone and everyone who might be suffering
or going through any of the things I've written  about.
 Please God, show us how to take care of each other,
to love one another
 and help us to be discerning in all that we do.
Thank you for today.
Please guide us and help us to live the way you want us to.
 Please keep us safe and help us to look to You,
 and not the world for direction and answers.
 In Jesus Holy Name I pray, Amen.

Blessings and Peace to you and yours!
Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment