Saturday, March 10, 2018

Just a Whole Lot of Good Stuff!

Hello out there! It has been a while since I've written a post - so I'm really behind!
Let me just jump right in! This will be an out of order post! I read that Daylight
Savings Time starts tomorrow and I have one word for that little bit of news and it
is "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!"


Now let's move on to the next topic. From the beginning of March through the end
of the year we celebrate one birthday after another! We've already celebrated two
birthdays this month and we have two more to go!
Grandchildren #9 and #10, both girls, turn the big three this month. #9's party was
today and it was great fun - a Unicorn Birthday Party and she was wearing a pink
tu tu with a white t-shirt that had a big number 3 on it, and a unicorn headband!
#10's birthday is towards the end of the month. Grandchild #2 and first granddaughter
will turn 12 next week! Where does the time go? She lives out of town so we won't
get to be with her on her special day. But we are hoping to get down there the
next week!
When you are self-employed it seems like it is either feast or famine! We had a couple
of really slow months and now, Jim is so busy it is unreal! We are always thankful
for the work! I do what I can to try and help out when he is really busy. I even got
out the push mower this evening and mowed an area that was getting too high. I fed
the sheep and a calf that was mooing up a storm and filled up their water troughs. It
was really nice outside and I fed our dogs and cats too!
Last night we went to the Stations of the Cross at our Parish and then walked over to
the gym for the fish fry that the youth are in charge of. The fish was great and so were
the hush puppies, French fries, and coleslaw! We sat down with our daughter and
her family and their oldest daughter came and joined us (she was helping out)! I love
to see all the teenagers volunteering at the fish fry.
I was blessed to be with a great group of juniors and seniors on Wednesday night. My
son helps out with the CCD program for the high school kids at the Catholic church
in Miles. I was asked to come and talk to them about pro-life issues and bring my
fetal model sets for them to look at. Father Tom was there also and we had a great
discussion with the teenagers and they were really interested and the hour and a
half just flew by!
The St. Francis Sack Lunch Ministry is going so well! We have so many volunteers
and we even have subs! This ministry is run totally by donations and everyday we
are blessed with supplies. Last Monday, a couple who helps with the lunch ministry
also volunteers for Habitat for Humanity. They had some of the individual milk cartons
(like the ones you get in school cafeterias), bananas, and cutie oranges left over from
a project they were doing over the weekend and they donated the supplies to us! We
were able to give out milk and fresh fruit with the lunches on Monday and Tuesday!
On Wednesday, a man was waiting for us to open up and I told him that I would bring
him a lunch as soon as we had them made up. He was early, but we don't mind handing
the lunches out early if people are already there. When I walked out to take a lunch to
him a lady who works in the pharmacy that is back behind our building (we are
separated by a small parking area) was walking over to bring him some chips and a
Gatorade. I happen to know her and we talked for just a minute. On Friday, she
contacted me and said that some of the employees wanted to help out and asked what
we needed. I explained to her exactly what we do and what we needed and they already
dropped off chips and waters and they are coming back this Monday with more supplies
and even some clothes for those we serve! It is very uplifting to be around so many
generous and kind people.
On Tuesday evening, Jim and I were blessed to have some friends come to our home
and share a meal with us. We have been friends with this couple for about thirty-two
years (Jim has known them both even longer)! We really enjoyed having them over
and it was long over due! We have been to their home twice in the last eight months
and we always enjoy their company and the wonderful fellowship! I fixed a pot roast
with lots of vegetables and baked a loaf of beer bread. They brought dessert;
banana nut bread, frozen vanilla bean yogurt, and caramel sauce drizzled on top! It was
all good!
I will not wait so long to write my next post! I hope you are all doing well and I pray that
you are blessed during this very special season of Lent!


                                                                Blessings to you an yours!
                                                                               Bye for now, Sharla





No comments:

Post a Comment