Thursday, November 16, 2017

Pumpkin Nut Muffins, A Road Trip, Books and Best Friends, Clouds, Comals, and Prayers!

Good morning out there! It's beginning to feel a lot like Thanksgiving!
1. Clean and organize pantry - done
2. Check expiration dates on spices, baking powder, baking soda, etc. - done
3. Cut coupons and write a grocery list - done (I've already been to the
store twice)!
4. Start baking early because Jim and I can't wait to taste my pumpkin nut muffins!
I made a batch of pumpkin nut muffins on Sunday afternoon. The aroma coming from
the oven was heavenly! Better than a candle - pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg!
They taste great too! They are so moist you don't even need to add any butter!
We took a gallon size Ziploc bag full of muffins to Mass with us (not inside the church -
we left them in the truck) to give to our son and his family! They have five children
and they were excited when we gave them the bag full of muffins after Mass.
Jim and I ate a couple of them and I decided to make another batch on Monday. Yes,
we still had some left but I knew that our daughter and her family would stop by on
Monday evening and I wanted to share with them also! I made another batch of
muffins and I made a big pot of homemade chicken and noodle (rotini pasta) soup!
Our son was working in the shop and I packaged up some more muffins for him to
take home and he grabbed a couple of warm ones that had I had just pulled out of
the oven! I called one of our neighbors who has three small children and I dashed over
to their home and left half a dozen for them! Our daughter and her family came over
and they ate muffins (this was their dessert - they had eaten at home) and then
I sent some more muffins home with them! Jim and I sat down and ate a big bowl
of chicken noodle soup! He looked at the plate where the muffins were and
exclaimed, "There's only four left!" I laughed and told him that we had eaten
plenty but reassured him that I would make more later on this week!


Guess what I did yesterday! I went on a road trip! I drove to Austin and had lunch
with one of my best friends! She and her husband own a flower shop in
San Antonio. The reason for my trip? I delivered a box of twenty of my books,
signed and ready for them to display and sell in their store -
Flowerama - 5404 Babcock Rd. San Antonio, TX 78240
I am really excited and hope that people in the San Antonio area will stop by and
pick up a copy and maybe some flowers too!
It was a beautiful day for a drive. I prayed and enjoyed some quiet time. The clouds
and colors of the sky with sun rays streaming through were magnificent!
Take a look at these pictures! I felt God's presence and thought I saw some angels
in the clouds!
I also delivered a gift to my (our) friend - Her hubby and my hubby have been best
friends since about ninth grade! Y'all know that Jim is a welder and he makes all
kinds of things. One of the things he has made for me and several other people is
a comal, like a flat, round griddle. You use it to heat up tortillas, and I make grilled
cheese sandwiches on mine plus a lot of other stuff. Jim cooks pancakes on it.
My comal stays on the back burner of my stove at all times! Jim made it for me
about twenty-six years ago! Anyway, Jim made one for her and I delivered it along
with the books!
The one in the picture is mine! The neat thing is that the handle doesn't heat up!
Well I better get busy since I was gone all day yesterday!
Have a great day! Hug your kids and hug your spouse!
Today is Thursday - The Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary!


                                                          Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                         Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment