Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sing, Sing a Song!

Good Morning out there - It's beautiful outside, the sun is shining and the wind is
not blowing but it is still cold. I was washing dishes and looking out my kitchen
window and I saw three blue jays flying in and out of my big oak tree. I spotted a
cardinal that flew across the street and some sparrows hop, hopping around on the
driveway until a squirrel dashed by! Today is a new day and I give thanks to the
Lord! I don't have much to time to write today but I wanted to share some prayers
I prayed and wrote back in the fall. Please pray for the homeless, the unborn, the
children who are in foster homes, and those who are waiting for someone to adopt
them. Please pray for couples who are praying to be blessed with a child of their own.
Please pray for couples who are on a long waiting list trying to adopt a baby boy
or a baby girl, a son or a daughter.
Hug your kids and hug your spouse. Call your mom and dad if you are still blessed
to have them. Call an aunt or uncle you haven't spoken to in a while. Reach out
to someone today! Little things mean so much! Write a note and put it in your
child's lunch box and if possible, go up to the school and eat with them, they grow
up so fast! Treat your spouse with respect and let them know that you love them!
Be a light that shines for all to see! Spread happiness and cheer to all you meet!
                                             God bless you all!


I think Anne Murray sang this song -
Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong
Don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song!
La la la lala, La la la lala, La lalalalalala (Did you get the tune?)


If you are singing, you are smiling! Have a great day!
    
These prayers were written in previous posts but I wanted to share them again today!


I pray for those who are hungry and those who have no home. I pray for those we serve
with families of their own. I pray for peace and understanding for those who live on the
streets. I pray for Jesus to guide me, to be His hands and feet. Amen.


My prayer today is for the unborn, the innocent little babes.
My prayer today is for the little ones who are hungry and abused.
My prayer today is for the children who have to grow up to fast.
My prayer is for the teenagers who move from one foster home to the next.
My prayer is for those who live in group homes and those who have no home at all.
My prayer is that all these children, from the unborn baby in their mother's womb,
to the fully grown young ladies and young men, that they will be loved
and protected, nurtured and fed. I pray that they have shoes that fit and clothes
for all the seasons. I pray that they have a roof over their head. And not just a roof,
but an actual home where they feel safe and feel loved and special.
Dear God, please, protect all children everywhere. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment