Tuesday, June 14, 2016

SUNSHINE, SACK LUNCHES AND CORPORAL WORKS OF MERCY!

Hello Out There! It is a little after 7:00 p.m. and 93 degrees! I was outside filling up my
bird bath and spritzing my plants! I decided it was still too hot and came inside. Jim is
still out there, he was busy feeding all the animals and re-filling all the water containers.
I take care of keeping our dog's and cat's water bowls full and Jim takes care of the sheep
and chickens. One of my ferns is growing really large and is starting to hide my statue
of Mother Mary. That fern will be cut back tomorrow, early in the morning!
My morning glories and passion vines are spreading all over the place. All the plants
look so pretty. We have been blessed with so much rain the past month and the grass,
weeds, trees and flowers love it!
I helped at the Sack Lunch Ministry today. They already had all the lunches ready when I
got there so I started coloring! I grabbed a bunch of sacks and wrote messages on them
and drew flowers. I keep it simple. I write things like - You are Special! God Loves You!
Jesus Loves You! God is Good! After I had been there for a while my daughter dropped
off two of my granddaughters to help. They love to visit with everyone and help out. They
sat down and began coloring too! The oldest one draws really well. She wrote her own
messages - Be Merciful! Be kind to one another! Be thankful! Take care of each other!
Sometimes I learn as much from them as they learn from me. There was plenty of help
so we decided to go to the Noon Mass, also known as the worker's Mass. It starts at
12:10 p.m. and only lasts about 30 minutes. After Mass we went to pick up chicken feed
and then I took the girls home.
Tomorrow I have to work on filing, writing out invoices, paying bills and organizing my
home office. I get busy doing other things and helping out and before you know it - Jim
is asking if he needs to hire a secretary?! I always laugh and tell him that I will get it done!
I do have to get up early and go buy supplies for the Sack Lunches, deliver them and
THEN I will get started on my bookwork!
I hope you all have a great week! I will write another post soon! I am going to close with
the Corporal Works of Mercy:
To feed the hungry
To give drink to the thirsty
To clothe the naked
To welcome the stranger
To heal the sick
To visit the imprisoned
To bury the dead
 At the Sack Lunch Ministry we feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty and welcome
the stranger 5 days a week! During the winter months we hand out gloves and warm
jackets, sweaters and coats. Some people donated shoes, socks and boots! Warm caps,
hats and some brand new sleeping bags were donated too! I heard that someone dropped
off some back packs for us to hand out tomorrow! I love being part of this much needed
ministry! I think I will buy some Gatorade to hand out with the water because the next
couple of days are going to be really hot! I was thinking about what my granddaughter
wrote - Take care of each other! Yes, Gatorades will be needed this week!
                                                             Blessings to you and yours!
                                                               Bye for now, Sharla
One more thing - For some reason the time on my blog posts is always two hours behind
the time it really is. I guess my blog is on Pacific time instead of Central time, oh well - I
don't know how to fix it so I just thought I would let you know!



No comments:

Post a Comment