Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Nativity Scene, A Time of Preparation

Good Morning out there! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Advent! I set
up my beautiful nativity scene outside on Thursday. Just waiting for Christmas
to place baby Jesus in the manger. My grandkids know why I don't have Him with
Mary and Joseph yet, we are still waiting for Him to come, waiting for  His birth!
I have hay bales stacked up on each side of my nativity scene. The baby lambs are
laying up on top of one of the hay bales. After I put the nativity scene out on my
front porch I went to the grocery store. When I got back home, I saw my cat laying
up on the hay bale next to the baby lambs! She must be waiting for baby Jesus too.


A couple of years ago a porcupine would come in our yard and eat the acorns that
had fallen from our oak tree. He would walk right in front of the nativity scene.
One day he was right next to the hay bale, he wanted to be with the other animals
waiting for baby Jesus! I went outside and took pictures of him. My husband
hollered out the door that I was going to end up with quills in my rear if I didn't
watch out! No quills in the rear, but I did get a lot of neat pictures! I'll post them so
that you can see them.


I love Advent, and I love the Christmas season, but most of all I love the "Reason for
the Season." I wish all of you joy and happiness, family time, and peace.
Remember to take time to sit and have a cup of coffee, tea, or eggnog and just enjoy
the beauty of this time of year. Reach out to someone who doesn't have family,
stop by for a visit, take a plate of cookies, give them your time.


Blessings to you all! Happy Advent, remember to enjoy the time of preparation!


                                                            Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment