Saturday, August 26, 2017

Our Home - A Place Where You Are Always Welcome!

Hello out there! The clock just struck midnight and if I don't hurry I might turn into
a very sleep deprived and cranky gal! I received a wonderful gift today. My sweet
Aunt Carolyn will be staying with us for two, three, or more days - depending on the
the hurricane. I am sorry that she and her family had to leave their homes but I am
thankful that she is safe with us. Her daughter, my youngest cousin, and her two
children are staying with my son and his family. We heard that they needed to evacuate
and we told them to head this way - we don't like the circumstances but we are all
so happy to be together. I haven't seen my precious aunt in about five years. We
keep in touch on face book, we text, and sometimes we talk on the phone for a really
long time - but it was sure nice to see her beautiful smile and give her a great big hug.
I put a roast with a bunch of veggies in the oven this morning and stocked the fridge
with some drinks. They arrived about 1:30 and we put their three dogs in the backyard,
they seem to be adjusting well. They did bark at the sheep at first (they are in the field
right next to the backyard). I think our dogs are getting used to them also! I'm not so
sure about our cats! I hope that everyone who evacuated found a safe place to stay and
a place for their pets also.
My aunt and I have a special bond - we are both blessed to have been adopted at birth!
I am thankful for our lives and for the generations that will continue because of our
lives. Adoption doesn't just save one life - Adoption saves generations!
I better get some sleep - tomorrow will be busy - family time, lots of talking, coffee
drinking, good food cooking and eating kind of day!


                                                    Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment