Sunday, January 29, 2017

Helpful Links to Pass Along - Hope, Life, and Healing

Good Morning out there - Today is not an exclamation point kind of day.
I need to talk about something that is weighing on my heart and mind.  Most
of the time my posts are light and uplifting (I hope) because I want to spread
joy and happiness to all of you. But sometimes I have to share the news of
the harsh realities of the things I read and hear from other people about abortion.
A really good friend of mine sent me an article that was published in the
Austin American Statesman. This article was written by the medical director
for the Whole Woman's Health clinics in San Antonio, Fort Worth, and McAllen.
I printed off the article last night and read it. My heart sinks when I read articles
like this. I truly am at a loss for words. But I have to write something. I can't be
silent. No, let me rephrase that, "I won't be silent, I will speak up!"


I talked to another friend last week who now lives in Nebraska. She is very involved
with pro-life work. She and one of her friends pray in front of an abortion facility
on Fridays. She shared a couple of different stories with me. She said that the first
Friday in January was horrible. They tried to reach out to the ones they could.
I can only imagine how their hearts hurt. The next Friday was just as bad.
But then they spoke to a man who was waiting for his wife. They are refugees and
another doctor sent them to this abortion facility because he (the doctor) felt like they
already have enough children. My friend said that they talked to this man a long time
and realized that he and his wife felt pressured to have an abortion. He went back
into the clinic to talk to his wife and see if this is what she really wanted to do. My
friend said that she and the other lady prayed and prayed for this family. Finally
the husband and wife walked out of the building together. My friend said that they
were so happy and they kept thanking them. She said they both looked so relieved that
they didn't have to do this! The husband asked for my friend's name and said that they
were going to name their baby after her if they had a girl, a daughter.
Please pray for my friend and all those who are praying out in front of abortion facilities.
Please pray for all of those who try to reach out and help the mother and the child!


Help is available to those who are dealing with an unplanned pregnancy.
Help is available for the mother and the baby. Help is available for families!


My friend from Austin sent me some information about a maternity home in
Georgetown, Texas - Annunciation Maternity Home - please visit their website
for more information or call (512)864-7755
http://www.thematernityhome.org/about.html
This is a link for one of the maternity homes in San Antonio:
www.setonhomesa.org 


The following website is for young women who may be considering adoption for
their baby. Adoption is a loving life option. I was adopted at birth and I am very
thankful! One of my cousins, an aunt, and one of my sister-in-laws were also adopted
at birth.
Gladney Center for Adoption
6300 John Ryan Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76132-4122
1-800-Gladney
www.pregnancyhotline.org


I also want to share some websites for those who may need healing or counseling
if they've had an abortion.
www.rachelsvineyard.org
www.hopeafterabortion.org
The following is an outreach to men suffering from abortion.
Project Joseph
www.projectjosephdallas.org
Please let people know about these helpful links. So many times people just need to
know that someone cares, and that there is hope, and that help is available.


                                                   Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                     Bye for now, Sharla















No comments:

Post a Comment